WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY AGREEMENT *
We the undersigned hereby assign the photography for our wedding to Justin Aitken. We understand the following terms, and agree that :
1. This agreement constitutes an order for photography and the production of digital images. You have all personal rights to the photographs however may not provide any photographs to vendors or companies for their own promotion without the consent of Justin Aitken. It is understood that all images produced on the day remain the copyright of Justin Aitken, and may be used for advertising, display and promotion or any purpose thought proper, without payment.
2. All care and diligence will be exercised in the performance of the above assignment and that the liability is limited to monies paid should mechanical failure, theft, accident, ill health or any other mishap occur which prevents the fulfillment of the agreement. If any illness, disability or unavoidable circumstances prevent Justin Aitken from performing on the day, Justin Aitken reserves the right to provide another suitable photographer. Justin Aitken will ensure complete control over final editing, post production and treatment of images.
3. To confirm and book your photographic package, a date reservation fee of 20% (of the total amount, including any travel cost) is required to reserve the date, with the remainder to be paid during the week before your wedding date, or by the latest, on the actual wedding day. Justin Aitken shall reserve the date and time agreed upon, and will not make any other reservations or accept any other clients for the said date and time. For this reason, in the event that you cancel this agreement for any reason, all date reservation fees and monies paid shall be retained by Justin Aitken in order to offset the loss of business. Should a cancellation occur, Justin Aitken shall retain only the date reservation fee, but with any postponement shall honour all monies paid for the revised date, so long as Justin Aitken is still available on that date, and/or not already booked out by anyone else.
4. All final image treatment, post production, processing, editing, styles, effects and overall look of the images is left to the discretion of Justin Aitken. Justin Aitken shall edit all images to match his style, but won’t perform any cosmetic manipulation in post production, i.e. skin softening, wrinkle removal, body slimming, tan line removal, teeth whitening, etc. If cosmetic manipulation or any additional processing is requested after delivery of images, this can be organised for an extra cost and may incur an additional fee. Final images shall not be altered or changed in any way (this includes social media filters), without the consent of Justin Aitken.
5. Due to the length of the day & obvious time constraints, a dinner meal is required for Justin Aitken (& anyone else on Justin Aitken’s team).
6. In the event of a second photographer being added to your wedding package, the timings for their coverage generally start from getting ready of one of the parties, up until the start of the reception (usually no longer than 8 hours is allocated). These timings can be flexible depending on the logistics of the day.
7. It is understood that depending on the time of year and season, processing time and completion of wedding photographs can take anywhere from 4 to 10 weeks.
8. International & credit card payments can be made via Paypal, but do incur a 5% fee (charged from Paypal).
9. You are responsible for your own safety and actions on the wedding day and during the portrait bridal party session. Justin Aitken (& anyone else on Justin Aitken’s team) is not responsible for any liability, accidents, illnesses, damage or loss to person or property that may result from the photography session itself or anything related to the photography session. If for any reason Justin Aitken and/or his team feel uncomfortable and/or at risk (due to another person’s behaviour, for example) then they may leave the location and move to another and not be held liable for the lack of images during this time. Both you and Justin Aitken agree to communicate with each other to achieve the best possible result within the understanding of this contract.
10. It is understood that Justin Aitken shall not be responsible for covering any costs / permissions required that are involved or relating to any specific desired locations (such as national parks, public gardens etc.) for any photography sessions, and that Justin Aitken is not liable to cover any such related costs.
11. Neither you or Justin Aitken shall be liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly due to any act of God, fire, armed conflict, labour disputes, civil commotion, intervention of a government, accidents, interruption to transportation including delays or cancellations in any organised airline travel, weather or any other cause outside of Justin Aitken's control.
12. It is recommended that Justin Aitken be provided with a helper, who knows most of the people from the wedding group (usually the best man or MC is most suitable), simply to help organise key individuals to be photographed for the family photograph session. It is understood that in the unlikely event that a wedding guest or family member disagrees to, or disapproves of being photographed, then Justin Aitken cannot be held responsible for the lack of images of said person.
13. It is understood that Justin Aitken requires sufficient warning of key events at the wedding to give him suitable and enough time to prepare for capturing any necessary or important moments e.g. bouquet throwing, cutting of the cake, speeches, first dance, and/or any other important formalities or surprises. It is understood that if any additional time outside of our chosen package is required, it will be invoiced to us after the wedding date, at a rate of $395 per hour.
14. Exclusivity: In order to provide the best service and photographs possible, Justin Aitken Photographer must be the only vendor offering a photography service at the wedding. Other vendors offering photography as an 'add-on' to their primary service, are not permitted. Amateur or professional photographers who are guests/family members are welcome to capture some moments at your discretion, however Justin Aitken Photographer will request that this ceases, if the guest/family member is hindering or inhibiting the ability for Justin Aitken Photographer to document the wedding effectively. Justin Aitken Photographer cannot be held responsible for shots missed or compromised due to interference by other wedding guests, or vendors. Justin Aitken Photographer has full exclusivity to all social media platforms to be the first vendor to show professional photographs from the day.
15. Justin Aitken is not liable for the loss of digital images beyond the final delivery of all products included in the package. While Justin Aitken currently maintains backups of all digital images, it is recommended that you also keep backup versions of your copies in case of unexpected loss of his or your copies.
16. As agreed, Wedding Package amount is $1800 + $1200 worth of babysitting sessions at $25 per hour, i.e. 48 hours of babysitting due before and/or after wedding date
PLEASE PRINT THIS DOCUMENT FOR YOUR OWN REFERENCE